This is a message that was left for one of Dayna's friends, but I couldn't help but read it as if it was a message to all of us (especially me) in the grief and heartache.
"Hi again! Ok, what really struck me reading through this is the why's. Why me? Why now? or just plain Why?.
"One thing you should know is that in the premortal existence we were presented with the trials and temptations we would face in our mortal life and we accepted them. Some accepted to be disabled all their lives. Some accepted that they'd be tempted by alcohol or drugs or whatever. Some accepted they'd have a premature baby. I accepted all that I would be confronted with at college. But regardless of who or what, we accepted every part of the Lord's plan for us and that includes the blessings we would get after our trials.
"The best blessings come after our trials, which I can readily attest to. It's times like these when you're going to feel more like relying on yourself or your friends/family for support or comfort to make you feel better about your life but who you really need to be relying on is the Lord.
"We cannot tailor make the situations in life, but we can choose to face them with a positive and even optimistic attitude. The world seems bleak, your life seems stagnant, and the future looks hopeless but it doesn't HAVE to stay that way! The choices YOU make now can change that future. I can't give you the magic formula for how to make it all better because, honestly, there isn't one. The road to get back may look bumpy and difficult to travel but when the destination is as spectacular as it is, the journey, while not easy, is definitely worth it.
"We didn't give up our agency we actually used it. There are some things in life we just can't control because it's based on the decisions of other people or it's the consequences of our own actions. The future isn't set in stone BUT the Lord knows what is going to happen based on the choices we make every day. So, in essence, the future is constantly changing. You knew you could handle the trials and temptations that would be thrown at you but you weren't shown HOW you were going to handle them, just what they were.
"And I've been debating whether or not to ask you this but since you bring up the "Foresaken" question, I think it's a good way to answer. If you don't feel as close to the Lord as you did 6-8 months ago, who moved?"
"And, if it helps, I'll leave you with one of my favorite scriptures: "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them" Ether12:27
Thank you for sharing this. I needed to read it today. I've found myself asking lately if I took the time to read the "fine print" when I was presented with all that I would face in this life. Sometimes when I'm so overwhelmed with trials and adversity it is difficult to remember how many blessings will come to me as I work my way through them. I think of you often and hope that if there was anything I could do for you that you would ask. Have you been brave enough to read "Tear Soup" yet?
ReplyDeleteI have read Tear Soup SEVERAL times. It's such a good book.
ReplyDelete