Monday, November 16, 2009

Giveaway!!!



I have ONE new, unopened DVD "Animated Stories from the Book of Mormon: Journey to the Promised Land" that will be given away to a lucky winner. This DVD was ordered by Dayna and received for free. I already have a copy, so I'm putting the one she ordered up as a giveaway.

To be elibible, all you have to do is comment to this post with a happy, funny or warm memory of Dayna. If you did not know Dayna, or did not know her well, any positive comment will do! TENDER MERCIES!

I will hold a random drawing at 7 am on Saturday, November 21. Please check back then for the winner and postal arrangements.

9 comments:

  1. When I think of Dayna I think of brilliance. Her looks stood out. When she was born she looked like a little china doll. As she grew into a young woman her eyes were clear and direct and beautiful. She was very intelligent, excelling in school and all her endeavors. Even her humor showed depth and had a twist of irony that made me think. When she spoke to me I was curious what those vivid eyes were seeing and what she was thinking. Dayna was aloyal, loving friend, befriending those she met on a daily or even occasional basis and she loved those who needed to be loved and understood. Dayna was brilliant and unforgettable. I consider it a privilege to be known as Dayna's aunt.

    Joanne Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll always remember Dayna as being very determined to stand out against the crowd. She was never content to just blend in. I think that is a quality that served her well in her life. She wanted to live righteously and wouldn't allow anyone to convince her to follow the crowd, which would have been really easy to do, considering the environment she had at school growing up. She was well suited to live in the "mission field."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having Dayna living here in Thatcher allowed me to develop a deep love and respect for her as a loving, caring friend to her new found friends at school and family. Every time she would come over for Sunday dinner her cousins would flock all over her and want to play with her. She would really get them "going". We never knew who to expect for dinner - tried to plan plenty just in case they arrived. She knew they were welcome and it was fun getting to know her friends. Of course every time I use my now larger washer & drier I think "Dayna would love these - plenty of room for a weeks worth of clothes. One time she was drying her large load and they seemed to never get dry. I noticed that she had it on "Fluff dry". She said, "DUH, I didn't even notice". We got a big laugh out of that. Brenner noticed the copy of her obituary on my bulletin board and said, "Grandma,that's Dayna." She is well remembered by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry I didn't really know Dayna. She was lucky to be a part of a family that loved her and taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know you miss her and would love to just sit and share with her on earth,one last time. The Plan of Salvation brings comfort but sometimes we want it in our own earthly time. My thoughts are with you.
    Laurel Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest, I don't need the DVD. I decided to comment anyway. I have lots of memories of Dayna, but one of the more recent ones was when she was attending college in Thatcher and David and I were still living at his parents house. She came over to see us, but mostly Isaac. She was playing with Isaac and Matt (who she was dating at the time) was texting her. She decided to mess with him and tell him that she was with the most amazing guy, so cute, with the biggest blue eyes. She told him she was in love. She had the poor guy scared to death until she informed him that he was only a few months old. He promptly texted back, "Oh, it's your nephew." I loved that. She LOVED her nephew tons and tons. I'm sure she's getting a kick out of his endeavors, and is having a ball with her nephews and nieces yet unborn. Watch out my dear brothers, they aren't all my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne...I enjoyed your comments. When I went through Dayna's cell phone contacts, she was friends with everyone. One entry was "creepy guy at the video store." She really did befriend practically everyone.

    Mom, I can vividly remember her coming home and doing all her laundry in one load. Didn't matter if it was whites, darks, or whatver. She often wondered why things weren't getting dry.

    Thanks for understanding Laurel Ann. We do tend to want the Plan of Salvation on our timetable. What I wouldn't give to talk to her again. And not necessarily profound things, but I really miss the chit-chat. I have dreams about talking to her though.

    Lauren, I remember that incident. She also texted him that she'd only known him about two months, but knew that she wanted to be with him forever. She said that her sister and brother in law like him very much too and they were encouraging her to build a relationship. Poor Matt. The thing took 3 messages to send and by the time he got the last message, he was really panicked. And Dayna training my future grandchildren is a comforting, yet scary thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Terri for your comments. Dayna was never one to judge and often sought out those who were poor in spirit. It's amazing the depth of compassion she felt for her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha I remember Dayna telling me about the Matt incident. I did that to a missionary once, and the poor guy was scared to death as well.
    Well I don't need the movie, but I'll post a memory anyway.
    What I love most about Dayne was how multi-faceted she was. She always fit the occasion. She was so goofy when she wanted to make people laugh, Compassionate when people needed salve, Spiritual always. She would always stop what she was doing to talk. I loved that. I remember once when I was "missing" after a date. I'd just gone home and went to bed, but she usually asked me to call or text and let her know how it was and that I was home. Well in my room I didn't get good phone service, so when she called and I didn't answer the next morning, she freaked out. Dayna always called until you picked up....whether it was two times or fifty. In this case, it was over thirty...and several texts as well. And then because she was freaked out because I wasn't answering, she called EVERYONE who knew me, asking them to call me, or at least look for me. it was crazy. Everyone in town was looking for me. What really made it funny was the fact that we were leaving for California that day (hence why she'd called in the first place...to see whether I was ready and packed), so nobody saw me for almost a week. I got about a dozen calls throughout our trip just from people worried about me. It was really touching to me that she loved me enough to recruit the entire world as a search party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be in this winning for the DVD I Remember my first day in the Socorro Ward. Dayna was asked to give a talk and I sat in the meeting and there I knew it was a family ward so pretty much babies will be crying or loud noise will eventually will happen but, to my surprise her talk had made a quite peaceful feeling inside that I can't hear the noise of the babies crying or talking. All I heard was the truthfulness of her testimony of the divine gospel and the truth of all things. I then knew that God wanted her to be part of my life. She and Kasey took me to have some fun with them. It was pretty fun what they both call fun going to get Chill chesse Burger and green chill cheese fries and then renting a movie and the funny part was they would drive around Socorro and find a crash or something and would just keep trying to see what was going on. I thought MAN! this is really FUN! we would make a few stops and she totally knew so many people she would say Hi and you know smile. She was the stregth to my weak testimony sometimes I would stand outside the IdahoFall temple and remember the Strong testimony she had.

    ReplyDelete